It Is Never Too Late To Be What You Might Have Been.
Miles is getting a head start on clean eating.
Food changes everything. When I first heard these words in nutrition school, I thought, yeah right. However, I am no longer a skeptic.
Think about it, using the food is fuel analogy: if I put low grade fuel in my car it sputters and stalls. Kind of like what happens when I put cheese doodles in my body on a regular basis. Sputters and stalls. But if I put high grade fuel in, suddenly the engine is purring and revving, the ride is smooth and steady.
I have seen with my own eyes the ripple effect of changing how we fuel the body. No longer in a caffeine coma, we begin to think clearly. Get the sugar out, and calmness and stability replace up and down mood swings. Add in dark leafy greens, depression lifts. Include healthy fats, now energy levels are high, the skin clears. The body looks and feels better every day. You CAN teach an old body new tricks!
Things that felt overwhelming before, now seem possible. Self imposed limits shed. Maybe I can run a 5K....maybe I can start a new career...maybe I can begin to clear longstanding clutter....maybe I can get off my meds....maybe I can work on my relationships....maybe I can begin creating again......I have seen each of these scenarios actually happen with my clients.
With energy and confidence high, opportunities unfurl, doors open, life engages.
Food is just that important. What you eat, changes everything.
Top Ways to Beat the HEAT!
As I was watering my flowers in the extreme heat this week, this thought came to mind: My flowers are languishing, and so am I. I don't know about you, but heat plus humidity really saps my energy. If you have been feeling slower lately, the weather might be to blame. Here are my best tips for beating the heat:
1. Turn on the air or a fan, and take a nap. Listen to your body if it is feeling sapped by the heat. 2. Get your moving in early in the day. It may be your only chance for a little fresh air. 3. Cool down with some Herbal Iced Teas. I especially like Celestial Seasonings line. Add some fresh mint. 4. Freeze grapes, blueberries or raspberries for a cool snack. 5. If you are in St. Louis, check out the City Garden, a great FREE place to take the kids (or yourself). 6. Read a cool thriller. I just finished Harlan Corben's Just One Look and Alan Brady's brilliant debut novel, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. (When was the last time you read for fun, anyway?) 7. Make a cool Caprese Salad: Layer sliced tomatoes, fresh mozarella cheese, fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar if you wish, and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. A little grilled chicken on the side, and you have a cool meal. 8. Go see a movie in a cool theater (bring your own trail mix!) 9. Drink a Smoothie. Here are some ideas. 10. Read these wacky ways to beat the heat. Hey, they will make you smile, and that's cool :)
Real Food, Real Fast
Mango Lime Sorbet
Skip the commercial ice cream, with all its added sugar. Here is a quick mango-lime sorbet I made on the spot. Thought it was pretty good, so I'm sharing it with you.
▪ ATAULFO Mangos (also known as Honey Mango or Manila Mango--nice, not stringy, small pit)
▪ Juice of one lime
▪ Almond Milk
▪ Agave Nectar
Slice up 4 or 5 mangoes (they sell them by the case at Sam's Club) and freeze in a single layer. Take frozen slices and whir in food processory, adding just a couple of tablespoons almond milk to get to desired consistency. Taste, and if you need it a tad sweeter, drizzle in a little agave nectar. Give it one last whir, and serve. You can also freeze and enjoy later.
These lovely ladies look happy because they just completed a Healthy Living Class. Collectively, the group lost about 30 inches and 40 pounds, in only 8 weeks, and without starving or dieting! In fact, many of them commented they were eating more food than ever! They learned how to rev up their metabolism, get moving, and prepare quick and healthy meals. The last session culminated in a delicious meal, prepared by the ladies themselves.
Want a class like this for your friends or group? Contact me for information. Share the gift of good health with the people you care about.
What Clients Are Saying
Here are just a few of the good reports I've received from clients this month:
▪ I am moving more
▪ I have basically stopped eating sweets
▪ I look at food in a whole different way now
▪ It is much easier to shop at the grocery store
▪ I have eliminated artificial sweeteners from my diet
▪ I am off caffeine
▪ I am actually eating breakfast for the first time and enjoying it
▪ I always look forward to our sessions
▪ My life is crazy, but inside I feel very steady
▪ For the first time ever, I actually feel like I have a metabolism
▪ I feel really hopeful
▪ You have changed my life
What are you waiting for? Give me a call today and let's start a conversation about how you can get your life back.
Share the Health
Don't forget my referral program: Refer a friend, and if they sign up for a 5 month program, you get a session FREE!
Eileen Vollmer is a Certified Holistic Health Counselor. She is the owner of Real Health Nutrition, a nutritional counseling service dedicated to helping clients reach their health and weight goals through incremental, lifestyle changes. Eileen firmly believes that Real Health Begins with Real Food, so it is her mission to help her clients eat more real food and less chemical-laden, artificial, junk food. She has found that a personal approach to wellness provides support and accountability, which makes all the difference in her client's success. Make your health a priority! Call 618-580-3771; or visit www.eileenvollmer.com TODAY!
I'm a big believer in getting what you want in life. If your inbox is overflowing, or this newsletter no longer serves your purpose, you can easily unsubscribe at the bottom. You won't hurt my feelings and I would be honored to serve you in the future, should circumstances change.