Grand Waldo Hotel & Casino
PokerStars Macau Returns to Grand Waldo for Macau Poker Cup
Asia’s biggest and richest tournaments return to one of Macau’s most spectacular venues this June
MACAU, CHINA, May 11, 2012 – The PokerStars Macau live poker room will make a return to the spectacular Grand Waldo Entertainment Complex on June 9, 2012. It was previously housed there in 2008, before moving to the Casino Grand Lisboa venue in 2009, where it was located until the contract came to an end in March this year.
PokerStars Macau is home to the biggest and richest poker tournaments in Asia, and the new poker room will be located in the Grand Waldo main casino area, while the special events will be held in the new Conference and Exhibition Centre. The ever-popular Macau Poker Cup: Red Dragon series will launch the new venue from June 9-18. The 10-day event includes nine Official Asia Player of the Year events and features the legendary Red Dragon Main Event, which comes with a HKD $3,000,000 guarantee.
PokerStars’ association with the Grand Waldo began in May 2008, when it was the venue for PokerStars’ first ever live poker room in Macau. Then from March 2009 until March 2012, the Casino Grand Lisboa served as home for the world’s largest poker room in Macau.
“It’s like coming back home after a long trip. It feels good.” said Danny McDonagh, PokerStars Director of Live Operations for Asia-Pacific. “This is where poker began in Asia, and the players can expect a lot more this time around. The entire Grand Waldo complex has been getting a make-over since we were last here."
"PokerStars Macau will run cash games in the Grand Waldo Casino and the new conference and exhibition centre is an ideal area for major poker tournaments. It’s going to give us new opportunities for enhancing the poker-playing experience.”
Team PokerStars Pro Bryan Huang added, “I have great memories of Grand Waldo. This was where I made my first big final table during APPT in 2008 and also where I met my wife. The PokerStars Macau tournaments are growing at a ridiculous rate so this is an exciting step to adequately fill the monster fields coming for these events.”
Macau Poker Cup: Red Dragon takes place from June 9-18
Grand Waldo Entertainment Complex
The luxurious Grand Waldo Entertainment Complex offers players five-star guest accommodation in 316 guest rooms plus 24 VIP suites in the Grand Waldo Hotel block, a 3,950 square meter Conference and Exhibition Centre, a 24-hour family-oriented spa, and a stylish nightclub.
Food lovers can also enjoy the new Rain Restaurant and Bar offering a high-class, friendly and relaxing atmosphere with live music and a wide range of food to choose from, including cocktail-style menus and five-course fine dining.
2012 PokerStars Macau calendar updates
PokerStars also confirmed today that the Macau Poker Cup Championship and ACOP (Asia Championship of Poker) will take place as originally planned in September and November respectively.
However, there have been some additions to the PokerStars Macau calendar, which will now host four major tournaments for the remainder of 2012. Most notable of these is the PokerStars.net Asia Pacific Poker Tour Season 6 leg in Macau, which will include a HKD $30,000 event during the ACOP, which runs from October 26 to November 11.
Also, the ACOP: Platinum Series will be integrated into the Macau Poker Cup schedules in June, July, and September, where the final 10 players in each of the HKD $500,000 guaranteed events will play off for a HKD $100,000 seat to the ACOP Main Event.
Qualify FREE to MPC: Red Dragon at PokerStars.net where freerolls are running now and available under the 'Tourney' tab, then click 'Regional'.
POKERSTARS MACAU 2012 CALENDAR
(all figures in HKD)
- June 9-18: MPC: Red Dragon -- $11,000 Red Dragon Main Event ($3,000,000 Guarantee)
- Aug 11-20: MPC: Red Dragon -- $11,000 Red Dragon Main Event ($3,000,000 Guarantee)
- Sep 7-16: Macau Poker Cup Championship 2012 -- $20,000 Main Event ($4,500,000 Guarantee)
- Oct 26-Nov 11: ACOP (Asia Championship of Poker) -- $100,000 Main Event ($10,000,000 Guarantee)
For complete details on PokerStars Macau events, please visit www.pokerstarsmacau.com
MACAU POKER CUP: RED DRAGON SCHEDULE (June 9-18)
(all figures in HKD)
- Sat, June 9 @ 2:10 PM – $500 3xTurbo Rebuy Red Dragon Satellite (5 Seat Guarantee)
- Sat, June 9 @ 8:10 PM – Event 1: $5,500 ACOP Platinum ($500,000 Guarantee) [2-day event]
- Sun, June 10 @ 2:10 PM – Event 2: Charity Event + 2 Rebuys ($50,000 Added Prizes)
- Mon, June 11 @ 8:10 PM – Event 3: $1,500 Deepstack ($150,000 Guarantee) [2-day event]
- Tue, June 12 @ 8:10 PM – Event 4: $3,000 NLH ($300,000 Guarantee) [2-day event]
- Wed, June 13 @ 8:10 PM – Event 5: $5,000 KO Bounty ($500,000 Guarantee) [2-day event]
- Thu, June 14 @ 8:10 PM – Event 6: $11,000 Red Dragon ($3,000,000 Guarantee) - Day 1A
- Fri, June 15 @ 8:10 PM – Event 6: $11,000 Red Dragon ($3,000,000 Guarantee) - Day 1B
- Sat, June 16 @ 2:10 PM – Event 6: $11,000 Red Dragon ($3,000,000 Guarantee) - Day 1C
- Sat, June 16 @ 8:00 PM – $11,000 ACOP Main Event Satellite ($100,000 Seat Guarantee)
- Sun, June 17 @ 2:10 PM – Event 7: $6,000 NLH ($600,000 Guarantee)
- Sun, June 17 @ 5:00 PM – Event 8: $30,000 High Rollers [2-day event]
- Mon, June 18 @ 2:30 PM – Event 9: $2,500 KO Bounty
For the complete Macau Poker Cup: Red Dragon schedule please visit www.pokerstarsmacau.com
PokerStars.net operates the world’s most popular online poker site and serves the world’s largest poker community, with more than 49 million registered members. It’s the first choice of the world’s top players, with more daily tournaments than anywhere else and with the best security online.
Recent additions to the PokerStars family include PokerStars.eu, PokerStars.dk, PokerStars.fr, PokerStars.it, PokerStars.be and PokerStars.ee, which operate in Malta, Denmark, France, Italy, Belgium and Estonia respectively, under separate government licenses.