NEPCHADD September Calendar
Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 – 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
Aria Health System (formally Frankford/Torresdale hospital)
Knights and Red Lion Roads, Philadelphia, PA 19114 (Maps are below).
Conference Room 4 (note the room change).
- Planning: First Annual Northeast Philadelphia CHADD ADHD Awareness Day BBQ fundraiser
- Determination of Interest: Parent-to-Parent classes and fundraising ideas to offset costs to members.
- Determination of Interest: Adult ADHD Group.
- Report: Neurofeedback is an 'Evidence-Based' Treatment for ADHD Click here for a little reading to get you started.
- Open discussion and support
- Planning: October NE Philly CHADD meeting
ADHD Awareness Week
9/14/09~9/20/09 – Nationwide – As the school year begins, now is the time to equip yourself and your children with as much up-to-date information as you can. There are a number of websites that will offer suggestions for making this school year a successful one for your children and for you. Following are just a few:
- CHADD – our parent organization
- LD Online – a very good basic overview
- Additude Magazine Online – a rich resource and the website of an interesting monthly (For fun click on the "Printables" link under the "Find Resources" menu on this site to download 25 Things to Love About ADD.)
- LD Online – ADHD Indepth – a deep well of ADHD material
- National Institute for Mental Health – a very succinct overview of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder from the United States National Institute of Health
First Northeast Philadelphia CHADD Awareness Day Bar-B-Que and Fundraiser
Sunday, September 20th, 2009 – 11:00am to 6:00pm.
"Down The River" Linden Avenue at the Delaware River (Closest cross street is State Road and Linden Avenue)
Free Food, Food, Food
Free give-a-way – a one-year CHADD membership
Free ADHD Resources, Pamphlets, and Brochures
Games for the kids