MAY FOCUS: PRAYER: This year on May 5, 2011 we will observe a national day of prayer here in the US. History records President John Adams in 1798 also ordered a solemn day of prayer and in 1952 President Truman declared a national day of prayer. You can read about the history of the National Day of Prayer by clicking here.
In the OT King Solomon called the nation together where he prayed for them and for God’s blessing. Prayer for a nation is key to seeking the blessings from God and His direction. In June our globe will be surrounded by the prayers of many on the international global day of prayer. But, we do not have to wait until then. Will you join us in praying not just for the blessings upon the United States but for all nations and believers that circle our globe? Here are some ideas we found to guide you:
• Instruction , Ro 15:4, For everything that was written in former times was written for our instruction, so that through endurance and through encouragement of the scriptures we may have hope.
• Honor, Pr 3:6 Acknowledge him in all your ways, and he will make your paths straight.
• Obedience Mt 28:20 ,teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
• A Teachable Spirit, Ps 2:10,11 So now, you kings, do what is wise; you rulers of the earth, submit to correction! Serve the Lord in fear! Repent in terror!
• Family Concerns, Ps 127 If the Lord does not build a house, then those who build it work in vain.......
• Integrity,Is 35:4 Tell those who panic, “Be strong! Do not fear! Look, your God comes to avenge! With divine retribution he comes to deliver you.”
• Compassionate Spirit, Pr 29:14 If a king judges the poor in truth, his throne will be established forever.
• Protection in their area of service, Jn 17:15 I am not asking you to take them out of the world, but that you keep them safe from the evil one.
• Faithfulness, Ps 101:6 I will favor the honest people of the land, and allow them to live with me. Those who walk in the way of integrity will attend me.
• Prayerful, Lk 11:2-4 So he said to them, “When you pray, say: Father, may your name be honored; may your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread, and forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And do not lead us into temptation.”
• Humility, 2 Ch 7:14 if my people, who belong to me, humble themselves, pray, seek to please me, and repudiate their sinful practices, then I will respond from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.