Choosing your bridal party should be a fun task and there are a number of factors you need to keep in mind.
1. Depending on who you pick, having a large bridal party (3-5 Bridesmaids & 3-5 Groomsmen) means that you will have more people to help you or more people that you need to help and look after!
2. If you are planning for a small bridal party (2-4 people in total) make sure you pick people who are fun, extroverts and not shy of the cameras. Part of bridal party’s responsibility is to have fun with the couple and for that you need the right people.
3. During the preparations, make sure you have a spare room where everyone can put their personal belongings. The more people you have involved; the more bags, shoes, clothes and other personal items you will have in the room and we don’t want that to be seen in your photos.
4. A large bridal party looks great in photos and film. At the same time, it takes much longer to set up those beautiful shots. Make sure you allow extra time.
5. It’s best that the guys & girls in the bridal party know each other before the wedding day. It can get awkward if they’re meeting for the first time and the photographer asks them to stand close to each other or hold hands, etc.
6. A small bridal party can always jump in a limo and get to the next location very quickly. On the other hand, if you’re thinking of having more than one car load of friends and family, you should allow extra time for getting in and out of the cars and having cars meet again at each location. Our advice for larger parties is to choose one location for the photo shoot and stay there.
7. Finally, our best advice is to prepare your bridal party for what you expect from them. Have a list of things that you think are important for you. Make sure you chat with them or even give everyone a copy of that list. That way, you’ll know that everyone knows what you want.
At the end of the day, it’s all about having fun and you want to make sure you have the right people in your bridal party. Before choosing, ask yourself; Is this a person who will bring laughter and fun into my wedding day?